February 2013
Sometimes it's just nice to get away! Even though I was only a two hour plane trip from home, it felt like a little escape from reality. My to do list was chore free, ranging from lying on the beach, to visiting theme parks, to shopping sprees. When life seems stressful, sometimes all it takes is a few days away to catch your breath and bring you back into a positive zone.
The view of our hotel pool from the balcony at The Marriot. Great hotel, friendly staff, and if the photo isn't enough...the hotel pool is heaven!
Dining like a king! One of my favourite things about being on holiday - not having to feel guilty for splurging on food!
Mojitos and Strawberry Dacquiri's at the hotel bar
Love the theme parks in Surfers Paradise, but Dream World is definitely my favourite. I'm not much of a 'rides' person - went on the Superman escape at Movie World and was dizzy until the next morning - so I like Dream World because it has many other attractions to get excited about. My favourite one is Tiger Island where I was able to pat a live Tiger, watch demonstrations and see the cute little babies!
Steven snorkelling in the hotel lagoon (there were plenty of fish I promise).






No comments:
Post a Comment